The Crafts Council of India’s Craft Shop ‘Kamala’ presents “Pathram” (3rd edition), a ‘collection’ of crafts from ‘kitchen to tableware’… celebrating the quintessential Indian pathram in all its evocative shapes, forms and colour, and it’s mystique of churning out the cornucopia of Indian dishes…as well as its evolution as part contemporary kitchen and table settings.
Today, young and style centric generation wants trendy cookware and tableware, pathrams which are shaped for today’s lifestyle but rooted in traditional artisanal genius. CCI’s pathram collection offers a stunning and eye catching array of ‘kitchen to tableware’ with a look and flavour of the past yet tweaked, modified and even minimalized for everyday dining and for special occasions. Alongside are dining table accessories such as exquisitely hand-crafted table mats, runners, tray, napkins and more.
Pathrams at Kamala:
✨ Bell metal Urlis from Kerala
The classic urli traditionally used to make food for temple rituals is now a part of Kerala and other homes both as cooking vessel and as tableware
✨ Kansa Katoris
- These vessels are made out of ‘Kansa’ an alloy with a high content of copper and tin which does not tarnish.
✨ Terracotta bowls, tumblers from Bhuj Gujarat
- The pretty Terracotta bowls and tumblers are delicately painted over with sprigs of flower and vine
✨ Soft stone Bowls / Kalchattis from Salem
- Once hereditary stone artisans only created figurines of gods and goddesses. Today their skills combine with contemporary design inputs to create a range of bowls for the table.
✨ Miniature Jaipur Blue pottery
✨ Eyyam: a wide range of Eyyam patram from kumbakonam
✨ Ceramic Tableware
- Contemporary ceramic ware and terracotta glazed Chai sets from Shanthiniketan
✨ Contemporary Cutlery in Wood
- Cutlery and chopping boards from Pondicherry, Udayagiri, Kashmir and Shantiniketan.
✨ Wood Spice with removable compartments and see-through lids.
- Kashmir painted trays and tightly woven bright colored bamboo trays from West Bengal.
- Painted coasters from Kashmir and Odisha, Marble coasters from Agra and Cloth coasters from Jairpur.
- Bagh printed bamboo runners
- Palm stem fiber mats from Kerala
- Killimangalam mats
- Bengal grass runners
- Banana rope runners
- Sabai grass round trivets / tablemats and oblong baskets
Crafts Shop of The Crafts Council of India
12, A-C, Co Optex Grounds,
350, Pantheon Road
Egmore, Chennai- 600 008
Store Open Monday to Saturday
10:30 am to 7:00 pm
For enquiries on products call Shop Phone at: 044-28191457